Discovery Life Sciences’ histopathology and genomic experts are currently supporting several research projects designed to help understand more about COVID-19’s heterogeneity, anatomical distribution, and mechanisms of pathophysiology.
Our goal is to help scientists learn more about the virus, so we - as a community - can more effectively stop its spread and treat its effects.
Biospecimen Matched Sets
Convalescent Plasma COVID-19
Biospecimen Matched Sets
COVID-19 Genomic Biomarker Services
- RNA isolation services from SARS-CoV-2 positive and negative biospecimens (swabs, saliva, stool, blood tissue, sewage, environmental swabs, etc.)
- Transcriptional insight into the SARS-CoV-2 Biospecimens and host response via:
- Total RNA-Seq services including both mRNA and miRNA sequencing
COVID-19 Tissue Biomarker Services
- COVID-19 spike and envelop protein IHC staining has been optimized
- COVID-19 RNA in situ detection using RNAscope has been optimized
- Co-expression analysis of COVID-19 spike/envelop protein and other targets of interest
Read more about the COVID-19 research our bio specimens and services are supporting in the following publications.
Biospecimen Related Publications
- A. Barclay, et al. Hydrogel particles improve detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA from multiple sample types. Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 22425. Published online 2020 Dec 30. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-78771-8. PMC7773739
- Michael D. Knierman et al. The Human Leukocyte Antigen Class II Immunopeptidome of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Glycoprotein. Cell Rep. 2020 Dec 1; 33(9): 108454. Published online 2020 Nov 13. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108454. PMC7664343
- Arunkumar Arumugam, et al. A Rapid SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay for Low Resource Settings Diagnostics (Basel) 2020 Oct; 10(10): 739. Published online 2020 Sep 24. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics10100739. PMC7598596
- Thomas M. Snyder, et al. Magnitude and Dynamics of the T-Cell Response to SARS-CoV-2 Infection at Both Individual and Population Levels. Version 3. medRxiv. Preprint. NaN NaN [revised 2020 Sep 17]. doi: 10.1101/2020.07.31.20165647. PMC7418734
- Daniel J. Steiner, et al. Array-based analysis of SARS-CoV-2, other coronaviruses, and influenza antibodies in convalescent COVID-19 patients. Biosens Bioelectron. 2020 Dec 1; 169: 112643. Published online 2020 Sep 21. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2020.112643. PMC7522665
- Samantha A. Byrnes, et al. Multiplexed and Extraction-Free Amplification for Simplified SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Tests. Anal Chem. 2021 Mar 9; 93(9): 4160–4165. Published online 2021 Feb 25. doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.0c03918. PMC7927279
- Rahul Batra, et al. A comparative evaluation between the Abbott Panbio™ COVID-19 IgG/IgM rapid test device and Abbott Architect™ SARS CoV-2 IgG assay. J Clin Virol. 2020 Nov; 132: 104645. Published online 2020 Sep 16. doi: 10.1016/j.jcv.2020.104645. PMC7493757
- Sean Nolan, et al. A large-scale database of T-cell receptor beta (TCRβ) sequences and binding associations from natural and synthetic exposure to SARS-CoV-2. Version 1. Res Sq. Preprint. 2020 Aug 4. doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-51964/v1. PMC7418738
Genomic Related Publications
- Eric M. Davis, et al. SequencErr: measuring and suppressing sequencer errors in next-generation sequencing data. Genome Biol. 2021; 22: 37. Published online 2021 Jan 25. doi: 10.1186/s13059-020-02254-2. PMC7829059
- MacKay MJ, et al. The COVID-19 XPRIZE and the need for scalable, fast, and widespread testing. Nat Biotechnol. 2020 Sep;38(9):1021-1024. doi: 10.1038/s41587-020-0655-4. PubMed PMID: 32820257; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7543743.
- Butler DJ, et al. Shotgun Transcriptome and Isothermal Profiling of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Reveals Unique Host Responses, Viral Diversification, and Drug Interactions. bioRxiv. 2020 May 1;. doi: 10.1101/2020.04.20.048066. PubMed PMID: 32511352; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7255793.
Pathology Related Publications
- Cynthia M. Magro, et al. Docked severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 proteins within the cutaneous and subcutaneous microvasculature and their role in the pathogenesis of severe coronavirus disease 2019. Hum Pathol. 2020 Dec; 106: 106–116. Published online 2020 Oct 12. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2020.10.002. PMC7550120
- Gerard Nuovo, et al. Strong homology between SARS-CoV-2 envelope protein and a Mycobacterium sp. antigen allows rapid diagnosis of Mycobacterial infections and may provide specific anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunity via the BCG vaccine. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020 Oct; 48: 151600. Published online 2020 Aug 13. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151600. PMC7423587
- Cynthia M. Magro, et al. Severe COVID-19: A multifaceted viral vasculopathy syndrome. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2021 Feb; 50: 151645. Published online 2020 Oct 13. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151645. PMC7553104
- C.M. Magro, et al. The differing pathophysiologies that underlie COVID‐19‐associated perniosis and thrombotic retiform purpura: a case series. Br J Dermatol. 2020 Sep 15 : 10.1111/bjd.19415. doi: 10.1111/bjd.19415. PMC7405151
- Christopher R. Showers, et al. A Covid-19 Patient with Complement-Mediated Coagulopathy and Severe Thrombosis. Pathobiology. 2020 Nov 2 : 1–9. Published online 2020 Nov 2. doi: 10.1159/000512503. PMC7705934
- Gerard J. Nuovo, et al. Endothelial cell damage is the central part of COVID-19 and a mouse model induced by injection of the S1 subunit of the spike protein. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2021 Apr; 51: 151682. Published online 2020 Dec 24. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151682. PMC7758180
- Cynthia Magro, et al. Complement associated microvascular injury and thrombosis in the pathogenesis of severe COVID-19 infection: A report of five cases. Transl Res. 2020 Jun; 220: 1–13. Published online 2020 Apr 15. doi: 10.1016/j.trsl.2020.04.007. PMC7158248
- Justin Mulvey, et al. Analysis of complement deposition and viral RNA in placentas of COVID-19 patients. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020 Jun; 46: 151530. Published online 2020 Apr 25. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151530. PMC7182529
To propel your projects with The Power of Discovery.™
Contact Us Today
Let us know about your project!